- Examination of client’s risk tolerance, determining ability to avoid and accept consequences.
- Selection of the appropriate and acceptable asset classes.
- Unique investment opportunities, as appropriate, exchange-traded funds, no-load mutual funds, equity investments, listed option strategies, fixed income securities, private funds, asset-based lending, and third-party asset managers.
- Constant reviews of portfolio performance analysis and risk metrics.
- Periodic portfolio re-balancing based on an updated evaluation of the investors’ financial plan.
- Analysts and portfolio managers at work in teams to build potential investment solutions.
In a pure sense, asset allocation seeks to find optimal return within a stated risk parameter. Our investment approach focuses on risk management, cash-flow, and capitalizing on opportunities presented by the ever-changing market and economy. Ultimately our goal is always to work to generate as many units of return possible for each unit of risk taken. Portfolios should be judged not only on absolute performance but on the risk-adjusted returns generated. Our network of traditional stock and bond managers, coupled with managers of alternative investments such as hedge funds, private equity, and real estate, are well-positioned and experienced in handling unique opportunities and obstacles presented to clients. With our knowledge and understanding of various disciplines, we have the tools to develop customized solutions and unique investment strategies for select individuals, families, and institutions.